Codman Academy Foundation's Annual Fund
Support Education & Enrichment at Codman Academy!
Your 100% tax-deductible donation will help us provide greater educational and enrichment opportunities for 145 hard-working high school students in Dorchester’s Codman Square neighborhood. Codman Academy, under its charter from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, receives tuition for each student. However, additional private funds are needed to provide a comprehensive college preparatory education with extended hours (7:30 am - 7:00 pm), programming in athletics and arts, and an extended school year (Monday - Saturday and summer programs) for students as well as an innovative program to support alumni during their college years. The generosity of Codman alumni, parents and friends make it possible to support our education and enrichment programming. Codman Academy is a 501(c)(3) and 509(a)(1) non-profit organization. Our tax identification number is 04-3559945.
Below is a sampling of some of the programs your donation will support:
- $15,000: Expeditionary Learning
Send the student body and faculty to attend a 3-day residential leadership retreat in Wolfboro, New Hampshire conducted by the American Youth Foundation's Camp Merrowvista
- $5,000: SAT Preparation
Provide accommodations for 20 students on a one-week, summer college road trip or Sponsor a year-long course for the junior class
- $1,500: Saturday Enrichment
Funds one Saturday enrichment course for one trimester
- $1,000: Math & Science
Graphing calculators for one class
- $350: Alumni Support
Provide college textbooks for a Codman graduate for one college semester
- $150: Health & Wellness
One week of Swimming, strength and cardio classes at the YMCA
- $100: Art Education
Provide art supplies for five students
- $65: Athletics
Provide a referee for one Codman basketball game
- $50: Literacy
Provide five new books for the Codman Library
- $5: Nutrition
Provide healthy snack after school for one student for one week
There are a number of ways to give:
- Gifts by Check: If you wish to mail your gift, please send your check to:
Codman Academy Foundation
P.O. Box 240906
Dorchester, MA 02124
- Gifts by Credit Card: If you wish to make your gift online using a credit card, click here to access our online giving site.
- Gifts of Securities: If you wish to make a gift of securities, please contact Charles Farrington directly at 1(800) 225-2383, ext. 9243.
Your gift will make you a Friend of Codman. As a part of the Codman family, you will receive:
- A subscription to our quarterly e-newsletter
- Invitations to special events throughout the year, including our one of a kind graduation
- Opportunities to visit Codman’s campus and meet our exceptional students
For additional information, please contact Dawn Leaness, Director of Development, at (617) 287-0700, ext. 152 or via email at email@example.com.